Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday's Wonders--Friends' successes

On Monday, Beth Revis announced her book deal. A major, 3 book deal. Congrats Beth! You really deserve it! She's hosting a contest at her blog with lots of celebratory prizes. You should all check it out.

I love seeing my friends succeed. It's one of the best things in my life. I'm a cheerleader by nature, and I get a great deal of pleasure from the joy of those around me. In this writing world the successes are hard to come by, so, when they do come, it's extra important to take note.

I remember when Beth was working so hard on her former book and was frustrated with things and the process. Then she had this cool idea for a sci-fi book (not her usual genre but she went with it) and worked at it and worked at it. She continued building her web presence and networking. Then she found an agent. Then she got a book deal. I'm so excited for her success. On top of that, I'm really inspired by Beth's journey.

She is a consummate professional. She pushes herself hard and doesn't let the frustrations inherent in writing hold her back. When her former book didn't sell, she didn't give up. I'm sure she might have felt like it at times, but in the end she kept plugging away, and that is a lesson to all of us who have the same dream. It takes more than just talent and skill (which she has in abundance). It takes work and determination to make this dream happen.

So here's to my friends' successes. Here's to Beth and Tess and Kami and Stephanie and Kiersten and Jenni and their debut novels. Y'all are wonders.

13 comments:

About Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
About Me said...

I am a cheerleader as well! I love to share in the success of others. I've been blogging since 2008 and I've seen a few writers (like Beth) get agents and deals and it motivates me to keep plugging away at my craft.

Carolyn V. said...

I'm so excited for her! Plus I love that you let us know her journey. It makes me feel like I can do it too. Thanks! =)

Tana said...

Yes, yay Beth! I too love seeing my blogger buddies rise to the top. I'm excited to say I knew you when...

Angie said...

You're a great friend. That's very exciting for her!

Elana Johnson said...

It is awesome to see someone who has worked and worked get something great. Nice post!

Sherrie Petersen said...

It's exciting to see all the deals happening the the blog world! Yay for everyone!

Danyelle L. said...

I love not only seeing someone succeed, but seeing how happy everyone is for the success!

Patti said...

They all sound like such great books.

Jessie Oliveros said...

I hope one day we can count you among those successes!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Very heartening, yes!

Stephanie Perkins said...

I'm thrilled by Beth's news! And it's even more wonderful to see HOW MANY bloggers are excited by it. She's certainly something special in our community.

Thank you for cheering me on, Lois. Your comments and encouragement never go unnoticed. :)

Nishant said...

I'm so excited for her! Plus I love that you let us know her journey. It makes me feel like I can do it too. Thanks! =)
home jobs india