Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Books Read in 2010

1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
2. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (reread)
3. The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells
4. Paper Towns by John Green
5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
6. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
7. Bloom by Elizabeth Scott
8. Sanctuary by Meg Cabot
9. Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott
10. Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
11. When It Happens by Susane Colasanti
12. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
13. Two-way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
14. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
15. Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater
16. Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater
17. Massacre at Mountain Meadows by Ronald W. Walker, Richard E. Turley, Jr. and Glen M. Leonard
18. Fire by Kristin Cashore
19. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (reread)
20. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
21. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley (reread)
22. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (reread)
23. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (reread)
24. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
25. The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
26. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
27. The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
28. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (reread)
29. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
30. Runaway by Meg Cabot
31. Heist Society by Ally Carter
32. These is my words by Nancy Turner
33. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
34. Pendragon Book Ten: The Soldiers of Hallaby DJ McHale
35. Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Booksby Azar Nafisi
36. Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott
37. Wake by Lisa McMann
38. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
39. Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
40. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
41. The short second life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
42. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
43. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
44. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
45. Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
46. Cinders by Michelle Davidson Argyle
47. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
48. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
49. Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones
50. House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
51. Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush
52. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
53. This Time Together: Laughter and Reflectionby Carol Burnett
54. The First Five Pages: A Writer's Guide to Staying out of the Rejection Pile by Noah Lukeman
55. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
56. Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld
57. Being of Two Minds by Pamela F. Service
58. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride
59. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
60. The Christmas Train by David Baldacci
61. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
62. Pegasus by Robin McKinley

4 comments:

Terra said...

Intriguing list, and we read about the same number of books. I do mean to post my list one day. We only read 2 of the same books, #28 Guernsey ... and Reading Lolita (excellent books).
Terra

Priya Shankar said...

wow. You've read so many books this year! This inspires me to keep reading =)

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Holy crap you read a lot. Wow. I manage maybe 10 - 15 a year. I'm so lame. Haha.

lotusgirl said...

Terra, Those 2 were great books. It's surprising that we had so little crossover. I read an eclectic mix I guess.

Priya, I think this is a pretty average year for me. I'm trying to make myself read less, so I can write more, but I just love reading so it's hard to stop.

Glam, You're not lame. You've been writing. That's why you have book deals and I'm floundering around editing WIP 1, drafting WIP 2, and outlining WIP 3. I'm going to have to limit myself, but so far that's not working very well. I made myself not read for about a week in early Jan., but I'm still going to have probably 10 books read for the month. Crazy. And one of them was long--over 650 pages.