Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Top 10 from 2011

I've sure missed my blogging buddies. This busy life is keeping me from my regular blogging, but I felt the need to at least share my favorite reads from this year. I hope you all have had a wonderful year of reading. Mine was so amazing. Apparently, I've gotten much better at picking out great books. There were so many I really loved that didn't make the list, but for me these were the best of the best.

The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab
Exposed by Kimberly Marcus
Stonefather by Orson Scott Card
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
With A Name Like Love by Tess Hilmo
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

If you haven't read these, give them a try! I may have to do another post that covers the second tier. You don't want to miss those either.

Happy New Year!

16 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

I loved a lot of the same books you did. I'm still haunted by The Scorpio Races--what a stunner.
Have a great New Year, and happy reading.

A. said...

Love it. I finished reading Room yesterday. It's fantastic. You might like it. It was on the NYT list of best books of the year.

Yat-Yee said...

Good to see you here and thanks for sharing your favorite books. I've only read The Sky is Everywhere and enjoyed it very much.

Hope life gives you more of a breather in the new year.

lotusgirl said...

Tricia, What a stunner indeed. It has really stayed with me as well.

A, I want to read Room. I just added it to my TBR list.

Yat-Yee, I'm going to try to blog once a week this year. We'll see how that works out.

Patti said...

Great to see you back. I haven't read any of your best reads, I guess I have some reading to do this coming year.

Carolyn Abiad said...

Happy New Year! I haven't read some of these. I'll have to put them on the TBR list, especially the Orson Scott Card. I love his books!

lotusgirl said...

Patti, It's so great to hear from you. I hope things are going well for you. I bet you will especially like The Near Witch. Start there.

Carolyn, The OSC book is pretty short, but I just loved it. I got another book recently that was set in the same world. I'm really looking forward to it.

Patti said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I got a gift card for Christmas and wasn't sure what to buy.

Davin Malasarn said...

Happy New Year, Lois! I'm glad to see Tess' book here! She's fantasmo.

lotusgirl said...

Patti, No problem. Happy reading.

Domey, She is truly fabulous. She deserves whatever honors she gets.

Tess said...

look at that picture -- adorable you! All this time I thought we were around the same age but you are apparently much much younger. :)

Thanks for including LOVE. It makes my day!!

lotusgirl said...

You are so welcome, Tess. It's a great book.

Yeah. Totally not younger than you, but thanks for the compliment.

Susan Fields said...

I feel the same way - am I getting better at picking out great books, or are books just getting better? Both, I hope! Looks like you have some great picks here. I read Tess's book and loved it!

lotusgirl said...

The internet has really helped me in picking out great books. Recommendations from people I trust is a big part of that.

Unknown said...

I will surely give these books a try. Thank you so much. You’re a great provider of ideas.

Please visit my blog@http://teflstore.com/

Unknown said...

Nice blog,you're great I like it. I want to read all of it.
Thanks for sharing