Friday, September 25, 2009

Watching the Monarch

I have just finished watching a series that I found on Netflix that has delighted me so much I thought I'd share. It's called Monarch of the Glen. It's by BBC Scotland. Anybody else seen it?
Set in the Scottish Highlands, it tells the story of the Laird of Glenbogle and his family and their attempts to save the Estate.
The story is fun and lively with plenty of poignant moments and lots of quirky characters. One of my favorites is Golly the Gilly.
Humor abounds. There were some shows where I was laughing so hard and then crying. It's a great journey. Plus, it's really tame for those who are especially looking for that. It was primetime tv in Scotland, so it was something the whole family could watch.

The biggest stars of the show are the castle and especially the Highlands.
They are absolutely gorgeous
and the cinematography
really shows them off.

Just a few glimpses for you.
Give it a try sometime.

8 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

I loved that show! I found it on Netflix last year and watched all the seasons. The Highlands are so gorgeous, I need to go there.

lotusgirl said...

Tricia, I'm glad you enjoyed it too. There were time when I was watching the show that I would pine after the countryside. I want to go there and photograph everything.

Tess said...

You seem to find the coolest things on netflix! It suggests a real adventerous side in you. I am clearly underusing my Netflix account....must do some more digging....

Nayuleska said...

I think I saw the odd episode when it was originally aired, but I was quite young then.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

How did you find that? It looks fantastic.

J.R. Johansson said...

I have an unhealthy obsession with castles. I think I have to check this one out, I'm effectively seduced.

Kelly H-Y said...

Good to know!

Alyssa said...

Hmmm. Maybe I need to watch this. Seems good...and beautiful scenery!