I'm a study of contrasts with myself.
1) I'm not a morning person, but I love seeing the sun rise.
2) I was more "grown-up" as a teenager than I am as an adult. Then I felt like I was about 30 inside; now I feel like I'm about 15.
3) I love taking pictures, but I can't seem to bring myself to like doing videos.
4) As a kid I always ate all my vegetables. I actually like vegetables, but I don't really care for fixing them, and so I eat fewer vegetables as an adult.
5) I love movies and will watch the ones I love over and over again, except the ones I love that I can't stand to watch over and over. The same with TV shows.
6) I'm pretty conservative and getting a bit up there in age now, but I like to rock, especially with the alternative groups. Give me some Muse, some Paramore, some Hoobastank, some Keane or The Bravery or any of a bunch of others and I'm there. Of course, I like a lot of other stuff that old people like--classical, opera, broadway, country, bluegrass, etc. Actually, my love for music knows few bounds.
7) Ask me to speak if front of a crowd, and I'm cowering in the corner. Ask me to sing, and I start warming up--hardly a nerve on edge anywhere.
8) I would love to read fast so I could read more books, but I can't let myself for fear of missing some incredible turn of phrase or the smallest little event. I get too much joy in the details of the story to pass them by quickly.
9) I'm a bit of a jack of all trades but master of none--a good photographer, singer, painter, writer, teacher, translator, pianist, french speaker, cook, trumpet player, knitter, decorator, etc., but not great.
10) I adore writing, but some days I do everything I can to avoid it. Go figure!
There you have them--just a few of the many contradictions that make up me. Care to share any of yours? I'd love to hear them!