Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday's Montage: Oh, Tony!

*Don't forget to enter the contest from last Monday if you haven't already. The deadline is tonight at midnight.*

Those of you who know me understand that I'm a fan of music in a big way. Most all kinds. I have a special place in my heart for the old stuff. I'm loving the resurgence of it with singers like Michael Bublé. Over the weekend my husband and I went to a Tony Bennett concert. Can I tell you how wonderful it was? He was something else. At 84--he still had it. He can totally still wail. There is nothing wrong with his pipes. What a charismatic performer! I know that he had to have performed that same show thousands of times, but still it felt like he was doing it especially for us.

Here's just a small sample. What you'll find, if you watch videos of Tony Bennett is that he is so much better performing in front of an audience than in a studio setting (but the quality of the video is not usually very good). I love his phrasing and rhythm.

6 comments:

Susan R. Mills said...

I couldn't get to the link for some reason, but I love music too. I find it so inspiring when it comes to my writing. I'll listen to all different types.

Carolyn V. said...

Tony is a great performer! I love music too. I'm always amazed how it can effect my mood. =)

Patti Lacy said...

You've picked one of my mom's faves!!!

Blessings,
Patti

Rebecca Ramsey said...

He's incredible. What a fun thing to do!

Jude said...

Hm I've never heard him before. I guess I'm out of the loop!

Danyelle L. said...

I really love some of the older music. You can hear the richness of tone that's hard to hear with more current music. I like the simplicity and beauty of it. :)