I listen to just about all types of music. From classical to pop to jazz to country to rock to broadway to big band (in fact, I used to play in a big band) to alternative rock to folk and on and on. I write with music. I make song lists for my WIPs and listen to them while I'm writing. I have music without words for when I'm editing. I can't imagine the world without music.
The posts I've seen about music have listed seven of their favorite songs. I'll try to keep it to that, but just know that I could be listing all day on this one. So in no particular order:
1. Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional (which happens to be the #1 most played on my iPod, so, apparently, there is something to the order here but not much.)
2. Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse
3. The Reason by Hoobastank
4. Kryptonite by 3 doors down
5. Trouble Me by 10,000 Maniacs
6. Feeling Good by Michael Bublé
7. Ain't Misbehavin' by Louis Armstrong
8. Sing, Sing, Sing by Louis Prima (Performed by The Benny Goodman Orchestra)
--already feeling constrained. I should have just done my favorites from the last year. How can anyone pick only 7 songs from a whole world of music.
9. Have a Nice Day by Bon Jovi
10. Stormy Weather by Lena Horne
11. To Make You Feel My Love by Garth Brooks
--ok. I'm going to have to drag myself away. This is such an inadequate list. I don't think I could call it my top favorites, but it is a list of songs that I really love. It doesn't even make a dent in the possible choices. Sigh!
But what about
12. Keep your hands to yourself by The Calling
13. Storm by Lifehouse
and what about... my favorites to sing O Divine Redeemer by Gounod and On My Own from Les Miserables *drags self away from the list of songs sputtering that I've left out the best ones*